SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE)
When you become a SAFe® Release Train Engineer and receive your SAFe® RTE certification, you’ll be able to facilitate and allow end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs), as well as learn how to create a high-performing ART by being a servant leader and coach.
During this three-day course, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Release Train Engineer (RTE) in the SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, examine the RTE’s role in a Lean-Agile transformation. Learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. Explore how to prepare, plan, and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
During this three-day course, gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an RTE in the SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. Learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. Explore how to prepare, plan, and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
- 3-Day Live Instructor-led Online Training
- 1-Year SAFe Community Membership
- Comprehensive Exam Support
- Exam Fee Included in Course Fee
- Access to SA Community of Practice
Who will benefit?
- Program or Project Manager
- Agile Coach
- SAFe Program Consultant
- IT Manager
- Product Manager
- Product Owner
- Solution Train Engineer
- Program Manager
What you’ll learn?
To perform the role of a SAFe® Release Train Engineer, you should be able to:
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue your learning journey
- Training Name
- Date and Time
- Trainer Name
- Download Brochure
- Enroll Now
Five Key Responsibilities of the Release Train Engineer
Release train engineers to interact with multiple levels within their organization. They must possess an advanced and broader understanding of how to deliver value to the organization with Agile and SAFe environments.
The five key responsibilities of an RTE are:
- People – One of the most important responsibilities of the release train engineer is to maintain positive employee and team experiences. They must create an environment that facilitates positive team health as well as provides guidance and management to all workers to ensure goals are met.
- Coaching and education – The RTE must teach their teams, leaders, and scrum masters about the combination of Lean and Agile management practices and ideologies.
- Program Increments – The Program Increment (PI) is a timeframe during which an Agile release train delivers incremental value in the form of working software and systems that have been properly tested. This is the equivalent of an iteration in Agile software development. RTEs must create and communicate the annual calendars for iterations and PIs; facilitate PI planning and readiness, and summarize the PI objectives and publish them to provide visibility and transparency.
- Agile release train success indicators – The RTE is responsible for monitoring and reporting the ART’s success.
- Improvement roadmap – The release train engineer must also create retrospective improvement roadmaps by analyzing all activities and actions that have previously been performed and finding ways to improve each process.
- Name: SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer Exam
- Format: Multiple Choice
- Delivery: Web-based
- Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Release Train Engineer course.
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing score: 45 out of 60 (75%)
- Language – English
Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
What you will get?
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
Request More Information
The following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
- Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI